This packet includes all 220 words on the Dolch list in frequency order. (They are not numbered, so if you prefer doing them in other orders, feel free to do so.)
Pre-Primer list in this order: the, to, and, a, I, you, it, in, said, for, up, look, is, go, we, little, down, can, see, not, one, my, me, big, come, blue, red, where, jump, away, here, help, make, yellow, two, play, run, find, three, funny
Primer list in this order: he, was, that, she, on, they, but, at, with, all, there, out, be, have, am, do, did, what, so, get, like, this, will, yes, went, are, now, no, came, ride, into, good, want, too, pretty, four, saw, well, ran, brown, eat, who, new, must, black, white, soon, our, ate, say, under, please
1st Grade list in this order: of, his, had, him, her, some, as, then, could, when, were, them, ask, an, over, just, from, any, how, know, put, take, every, old, by, after, think, let, going, walk, again, may, stop, fly, round, give, once, open, has, live, thank
2nd Grade list in this order: would, very, your, its, around, don't, right, green, their, call, sleep, five, wash, or, before, been, off, cold, tell, work, first, does, goes, write, always, made, gave, us, buy, those, use, fast, pull, both, sit, which, read, why, found, because, best, upon, these, sing, wish, many
3rd Grade list in this order: if, long, about, got, six, never, seven, eight, today, myself, much, keep, try, start, ten, bring, drink, only, better, hold, warm, full, done, light, pick, hurt, cut, kind, fall, carry, small, own, show, hot, far, draw, clean, grow, together, shall, laugh
For Pre-Primer, Primer and 1st Grade, each page features a single target sight word with the following activities:
1. Read it Students will read the specified sight word aloud. This will help them build connections between the spoken and written word.
2. Trace it Students will trace the specified sight word three times. This will help them practice good penmanship.
3. Color it Students will color in the specified sight word. This will help them pay attention to each letter and its shape.
4. Find it Students will find the specified sight word in a group of 12 sight words. This will help them practice and recognize the specified sight word. (They will also get to review the previous sight words at the same time.)
5. Write it Students will write the specified sight word independently on the lines. This will help them practice their handwriting skills.
6. Fill in the missing letters Students will solve and fill in the missing letters. This will help them remember the spelling of the sight word.
7. Build it Students will cut and glue letters in the provided boxes to correctly build the given sight word. This will help them consolidate their memory of the sight word and practice their motor skills.
For 2nd Grade, number 5 has been changed to the following:
5. Complete the Sentences Students will write the specified sight word in the gap and read the sentence with the sight word. All of the sentences are designed to only include sight words that they have learned before (Dolch list) and simple phonetic (mostly cvc) words. This will help them with reading fluency and writing.
For 3rd Grade, number 5 has been changed to the following:
5. Complete the sentence and Write one Students will write the specified sight word in the gap and read the sentence with the sight word. All of the sentences are designed to only include sight words that they have learned before (Dolch list) and simple phonetic (mostly cvc) words. Then they will write one sentence of their own. This will help them with reading fluency and writing.
Dolch Sight Word Worksheet No-PREP Packet (VALUE BUNDLE)
ALL RIGHTS RESERVED BY THE AUTHOR.
Purchase of this item entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages for personal and single classroom use only.
Not to be stored in any file sharing database or group for any reason.
Not to be printed in mass quantity.